Monday, March 28, 2016

Newsletter Week 73 "I Know"

Hey y'all! So I am greenie breaking my new companion, her name is Hermana VanDyke. She is from Virginia, so that's cool:) she is really sweet. Things here have been going pretty good, really not much new. Just teaching, knocking and planning.. That pretty much sums up my missionary life haha. I love the people here so much, I am so grateful I get to finish my mission in good old Jersey Village:)
I titled this newsletter "I know" because I wanted to share some things that I know with you.
If any of you are having a hard time keeping your faith in the the restored gospel, I want you to know that I love you..so much and I am here to help.
I know that this gospel is true. I haven't always known, I have hoped that it was true and trusted that it was true, heck, I even went on a mission trusting and hoping it was true.. But now I KNOW it is true. I know it as much as I know that I have a family that loves me, i know it because I feel it, because of the evidences God has given us, such as the Book of Mormon, Temple Ordinances and Living prophets.
The more I study the scriptures, and especially the bible, the more my testimony grows concerning Joseph Smith and the restored church. There are so many evidences, but that doesn't make people believe. Think of when Jesus Christ himself was on the Earth, he could have given proof after proof after proof that he was the son of God, but he didn't and he didn't do it because he asks us to have faith. "And now as I said concerning faith--faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true." Alma 32:21
I have never seen the original plates of the Book of Mormon, I wasn't present when God presented himself to Joseph Smith. BUT IT HAPPENED! I believe in what I didn't see, because it is true. "The Lord taught His Apostle Thomas, who wanted physical evidence of the Savior’s Resurrection by touching His wounds, that revelation is safer evidence: “Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed” (John 20:29).
The truths that mark the way home to God are verified by the Holy Ghost. We cannot go to the grove and see the Father and the Son speak to the young Joseph Smith. No physical evidence or any logical argument can establish that Elijah came as promised to confer the priesthood keys now held and exercised by a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
Confirmation of truth comes to a son or daughter of God who has claimed the right to receive the Holy Ghost. Since falsehoods and lies may be presented to us at any time, we need a constant influence of the Spirit of Truth to spare us moments of doubt." (Those were not my words haha hence the close quote)
I know that there is so much anti-Mormon doctrine, frankly I have had it thrown at me many times during my mission, and some of it may appear so truthful, but remember that the Devil works so hard against the true church to make it appear false. Our mission president gave us some good advice concerning how to maintain a strong testimony.
Let's say our testimony is a tree, the roots are our base, our fundamental knowledge. This is what's important, don't get so caught up in a little doubt out on a leaf that you forget to start from the roots.
We will know the truth by the power of the Holy Ghost, it will bear testimony to us that this the true church if we ask.
"While a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, George Q. Cannon urged that we make a constant quest for the Spirit to be with us. He promised, and I promise it as well, ( that if we is is president Russell M Nelson talking) pursue that course, we “will never lack for knowledge” of the truth, “never be in doubt or in darkness,” and our “faith will be strong, [our] joy … full.”"
I invite you all to kneel down today and re-ask for the confirmation that Joseph Smith was a true Prophet, the truth is inside of you and you will remember that it is true. I love you, I am here for you. I know this is true. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Hermana Parslow

No comments:

Post a Comment