Monday, February 8, 2016

Newsletter Week 64


Hey! This week was such a crazy one!! Super stressful, but super good.
This Tuesday I had MLC, and we learned about how are mission is doing, and may I just say that I am in the best mission in the world!! He showed a graph of convert baptisms, and the mission is doing significantly better than it has done in the past 15 years! We have such an inspired Mission President. He really pushes us to be our best, but it is definitely worth it:)


Some exciting news is that President Russell M. Nelson is coming to our very own little Spanish Stake at the end of this month!!!!!! I am so excited:) We are the last pure Spanish speaking stake in the United States... so we are expecting something pretty big to be happening.


This week I was feeling pretty stressed, we had a baptism to plan, I had zone meeting to plan, I had to speak in Sacrament Meeting, annnd we had to teach Gospel Principles, on top of that were struggling getting many of our key indicator goals for the week, and honestly I was just feeling super duper stressed with all of it. I honestly just wanted to give up, but I decided to say a prayer for help instead. I felt prompted to open the scriptures and I opened up to Mosiah 24:14


"14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.".


It gave me the comfort I needed, and the Lord did help me through it. I was able to teach and example role play in Zone Meeting, He helped me give the talk, we taught the class and we achieved many of the Key Indicator goals we were trying to reach. And Fernanda had a beautiful Baptism:)


I honestly love my mission so much. I have learned and grown more than I ever could have imagined. It has been the hardest, best thing of my life. I love the Hispanic people. I love Texas:) I love my Heavenly Father.


I hope you all have a great week!! :)
--

Love, Hermana Parslow

No comments:

Post a Comment