Monday, July 6, 2015

Newsletter Week 37

Hey yall, things are going good here.. Not much new. It's been a good
week, we had a lot of less actives come to church yesterday:) which
makes me super happy.. And this week I got this supper cool story
taught to me about the road to Emmaus. So in Luke chp. 24 there is two
men walking and talking bout the savior and his life, (as it was after
the time of his death) and as the were talking of the saviors life a
man came up to them and was talking with them, (it was the savior, but
they didnt recognize him, and didn't know he was resurrected) so the
man spent the day with them and when they had got to their house, the
savior planned on traveling farther, but they asked him to stay with
them in their house for the night.. So that night the savior broke and
blessed bread (which we know is the sacrament) and gave it to them, as
soon as they partook of the sacrament their eyes were opened and they
recognized him as Jesus Christ, and he left from their presence. (Luke
24)
It made me think.. If the savior came and walked with me, would I be
able to recognize him as Jesus Christ? I hope I would, but the thing
that opened their eyes to be able to see was the sacrament. The holy
bread and water we have the opportunity to partake of every week, it
is more important than we think, more important that we realize. It is
essential to keep our spiritual eyes open. I love this Gospel, I know
that Jesus Christ is at the head of this church, and that Sunday is
the most important day of the week, we need to keep it holy. I invite
you all to think of something you can do to make Sunday's a little
more special. I love you all! Have a great week:)


Pic: my new comp, Hermana Dryden and I in our red white and blue on
the 4th showing our country pride:)

No comments:

Post a Comment