Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Newsletter Week 5

Week five was pretty great! I keep on learning so much about how to be a better missionary and how to better help my investigators! I love it!

We had an awesome devotional by Jeffery R. Holland this week about feeding His sheep. I was so touched and don't think I have ever felt the spirit that strongly. He was talking about how after our mission we are never going to be the same. He compared it to how the 12 apostles, after Christ was crucified went back to fishing the fish of the sea. They went on with their normal lives. Then Christ returned and asked the piercing question to Peter if he loved Him. Peter responded that he did love The Lord, and then Jesus told him to feed His sheep.

This is a very known story, but I loved the way Elder Holland compared it to us. Right now is the time when we are so close to the Savior, feeding His sheep in all we do. But when we are done with this short year and a half are we going to go back to our old lives? Like this didn't happen, or just thinking back on it like, ya that was great. Or are we going to truly love our Savior and continue to feed His sheep for the rest of our lives.

This is so applicable to all of us in our lives. If the Savior asked us three times if we loved Him, would we be able to say Yes, Savior, I love you and I am feeding your sheep.

Super powerful stuff! I love this Gospel so much! I have such a strong testimony that it is the true and restored gospel on the Earth! I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to come out on a mission and help bring others unto Christ! I hope you are all having such a fantastic week! And I hope we are all remembering to continually feed His sheep.

Love, Hermana Parslow

No comments:

Post a Comment