Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Newsletter Week 4

Hey! so this week has been a bit of a longer one, but I learned so much! And plus today is pday which makes it one of the best days of the week! cuz I get to take a nap, talk to my family and friends ANNNDD there is pizza for dinner tonight!

We went to a way awesome devotional at the beginning of this week and he talked about testimonies and true conversion. He explained that true conversion is when your testimony turns into actions. If your testimony is merely beliefs and feelings how strong are those going to hold up when trials come your way? There was such a strong spirit, I want to be sure that my testimony isn't only in my heart. It is in everything I do.

We have 4 'investigators' now, Ivan, Maria, Reid, and TRC. But we had an awesome experience with Ivan this week, he was just bawling through the entire lesson, he said that his parents came to church with him this week which was so awesome! and that he knows he needs help in his life from the gospel. So that was a way awesome testimony builder!

So this Sunday I had to give a talk in sacrament (in Spanish) I talked about faith. It's funny though, in sacrament they don't tell you before hand who is speaking, they just get up there and say "We will now hear from.. (Hermana Parslow)" haha so you don't really have time to freak out. But I think it went pretty good, the spirit definitely helped me a ton.

Me and Hermana Hammar were also asked to be the zone Sister Training Leaders, which means we really have to be on our best behavior now. But it was good, because I absolutely love the sisters in my zone. I hope i can help them the best I can.

Well I love you all so much and I am praying for you! This week when I was having a hard time I was reminded that salvation isn't going to be easy, Christ was the only perfect person to walk the Earth, and salvation definitely wasn't easy for him, so why would it be easy for us? I learned that if I just keep feeding and nourishing my testimony during hard times, it will all be okay. :) I read this quote and it said "His kingdom is not about earning and deserving, it is about believing and receiving." There is not possible way we could earn his love, or his kingdom, we just need to believe in him and have faith. Well I love you all so much! thank you for all your love and support!

Love, Hermana Parslow

Ps. 2 Nephi 31:19-20 is a great scripture and was a total answer to my prayers.. you should all read it:)



No comments:

Post a Comment