Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Newsletter Week 55

Hey yall! So I got transferred! I don't know if yall remember how I
told ya that Louetta (the ward I was serving in) got split? Well I got
transferred the the new ward that they made. Called Jersey Village..
So that's great:) I get to stay with the same ward members I've been
with for the past 6 months:)

My new companion is Hermana Sumsion. She is super awesome I love
working with her! Haha she is always full of energy, it's great. And
she goes home in December.. So in missionary terms I'm (killing her
off).

The work is going great here! We are working with Julio, and he is
getting baptized on the 14 of this month! And also Gloria who I was
teaching in Louetta is getting baptized on Saturday. So I get to go
back for her baptism:) yay!

And this week we were teaching Suamy, (he had been coming to English
class but is super ready for this gospel) the Plan of Salvation and
extended a baptismal date of Nov. 28 and he accepted! He is so
prepared! He was like "yes! What do I have to do?" I am amazed how the
Lord prepares his children to accept the Gospel.

This week we had Regional Conference which was super awesome. Here are
some of my favorite parts:

Lynn G. Robins talked a lot about how when we simplify our lives we
are happier and healthier. He encouraged us to lower the number of
credit cards we are using, get rid of the clothes in your closet you
don't use and stop worrying/over using social media. He told us
something my sweet mom has always told me growing up that I love.. He
said it In Spanish.. So the translation won't be perfect but the idea
was along the lines of: when you have tons of things, you stop being
able to be the owner of them, and they start being the owner of you.

Elder Dallin H Oaks taught us the four first questions we should ask
ourselves to know if the gospel is true. He said they should be:
1. Does God exist?
2. Is Jesus Christ our Savior and Redeemer?
3. Was Joseph Smith a true prophet?
4. Is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints the kingdom of
God here on the Earth?
Any other questions we have can all be resolved if we know the answer
of these 4 questions.

He also gave us four tips about how to help less active members return
to activity:
1. Be their friend
2. Listen to their problems
3. Show them Gods love
4. Give them the confidence they can change.


I heard this quote this week that I really loved:
"Everything people do is either an act of love or a cry for love."



Hermana Parslow


No comments:

Post a Comment