Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Newsletter Week 54

Hey yall!
I cannot believe the transfer is already over! I am leaving sweet Louetta.
The past 6 months here have gone by so fast! But it has been great:)
Oh and hey the new investigators we found out in the rain last week are progressing super well! We are super excited for them:) I am way sad to leave sis bowman.. I am going to miss her so much! She is a great missionary:)


Well this week went by pretty good. We had the Noche de Hispanidad and all the ward members decorated a table and brought food from their country! It was super sweet. And then they did like a talent show type thing.. And we did this weird dance thing.. Haha it was pretty funny.


So I found a new favorite scripture this week! It is in Alma 5: 26 and it says
"And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?"


I know as members of the church many of us have received powerful spiritual experiences testifying to our spirits that the gospel is true. And those moments changed our lives. But sometimes as time goes on, many of us face challenges and experience struggles that may dim our shining light if we are not careful. And we begin to stop feeling of the redeeming love of the gospel.


I know that we can all feel it again, the gospel is real and brings so much joy into our lives. It will require effort on our part. As I have been trying to apply this scripture into my life this week it has really opened my eyes.. So many things I find myself doing merely out of routine... As I stopped to ask myself the question Alma asked to his people it helps me a lot.. "Can I still feel so now?" Can I still feel the the importance behind the sacrament? Can I still feel the joy in knowing I am in the restored church? And if so what am I doing because of it?


I don't know if it will help any of yall.. But It really helped me:) I love you guys! I know the gospel is true:)







No comments:

Post a Comment