Monday, April 25, 2016

The last one! Newsletter Week 79, mission accomplished.





The unbelievable truth that I've learned on my mission, stronger than

any other is LOVE.

Our Father and His son Jesus Christ love us so much. More than we

could ever comprehend. Beginning to understand this incredible

principle has helped me to begin to develop this love for others. It

has changed me completely.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that

whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting

life." John 3:16

Can you believe that!? God loves us, you and me, so much that he gave

his ONLY begotten son for us. As we come to understand this we will be

changed forever.

When I began to understand this love He has for me, it changed me. I

began to love Him in ways I never had before. I learned that I obey

the commandments and the mission rules, not for extra blessing, but

because I truly love God and want to make Him proud. I want to do the

things He wants me to do.

As we learn in the scriptures, the greatest commandment God has given

us is to love one another. Loving our fellow man is the same as loving

Him. "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my

brethren, ye have done it unto me." Matthew 25:40

They are all connected. Our love for man and our love for God is only

possible through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. The Atonement has

given us the capacity to love, even in our most imperfect state.

In the end, it is love that drives us to do everything we do. If we

love God we will keep His commandments. If we love our family we will

read our scriptures, pray, and go to church because we understand that

our actions affect them also. If we love our ancestors we will do our

family history and help them enter into paradise. We do it all out of

love.

I truly love Texas so much, the Texas pride, the food, the people. I

will miss them all dearly. These people have changed my life and I

have learned so much from them. The Ward member, investigators,

companions, my mission president and his family, and mostly my

incredible family who has supported me and helped me through it all. I

am new. I love you all and I am so excited and grateful to see you

this week. I would also love to see you at my homecoming on May 15th.




Pics:

1. The district threw us a funeral. It was presh. Hna VanDyke gave an

obituary speech for me.. Jajajaja :)

2. We did sooooo much service this week helping with the flooding. It

hit Jersey Village super hard. We would just walk down the river of

roads and help random people tear out their walls and carpets.

3. At the mission fireside last night, so good to reunite with my

comps before I leave. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment