Monday, April 25, 2016

Newsletter Week 77

Hey friends and family. I hope y'all had a really spiritual week this week.

I've probably taught the Plan of Salvation hundreds of times
throughout my mission, about where we go after this life. The Spirit
World, especially Paradise, the place that is prepared for the
righteous. And even though I know it, this week I couldn't seem to
wrap my mind around it. What is it really like?

In Alma 40 it says:

"11 Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the
resurrection--Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that
the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal
body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are
taken home to that God who gave them life.
12 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are
righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called
paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest
from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow."

Every righteous soul is received into this state of peace, and even
though I don't know exactly what it is like, I know it is better than
the world we now live in. The people in Paradise are happy. What a
comfort to know.

I know our loved ones that pass from this life are there, they are so
close to us. This week I had a spiritual experience and felt her so
close. President Russell M Nelson said "our loved ones may be just as
close as the next room--separated only by the doors of death." This
spirit paradise is near us. What a wonderful opportunity it will be to
continue to learn and grow there. To be reunited with all of our loved
ones that have passed on.

As we see death through gospel eyes it gives us a whole new
perspective. I stand by Paul asking “O death, where is thy sting? O
grave, where is thy victory? …" it takes the pain away to know that
families are forever, that our loved ones are in a state of happiness
until they will receive the blessing of the resurrection and along
with us be judged according to our actions here.

Thinking about the final judgement can often bring feelings of fright.
But this is not how our sweet loving Father in Heaven wants us to
feel. He wants us to be prepared and to receive us with open arms. If
we are faithful we too will be able to hear the loving words of our
Savior saying: "Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast
been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many
things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."

I know families are eternal. We will all be in the Celestial Kingdom
together. And there we will experience even more joy than we felt with
our families here. There is nothing I love more than my family and
what a blessing to know that we will be together Eternally.

Even though this week I wanted so badly to be at home with my family,
I wanted to be with them during this time, I felt my Savior so near to
me. I know He loves us, He comforts us and He will never leave us
alone. Especially during the hardest times. This gospel is true.
Families are eternal. Death is nothing but a door to a better life.

No comments:

Post a Comment