Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Newsletter week 58

Hey y'all! I hope y'all had a great thanksgiving! Mine here was really good. We went over to a part member house. And it was delicious! They fed us a steak thing and beet salad. Not exactly traditional, but delicious none the less:)
So we set two baptismal dates this week! Super exciting stuff:) both of them were "eternigators" which is someone who investigates the church for a super long time before making the decision to be baptized, so it is super awesome that they are taking this step to be baptized:)
Also Suamy got baptized this week! It was really good and I was asked to speak on the Holy Ghost. The more I learn about the Holy Ghost, the more grateful I am to have Him as my constant companion.
Let me tell y'all a little about Suamy. He came here from Honduras a couple years ago and has completely changed his life around. One day while I was serving in Louetta he found a English class flyer and started coming to our English Class. After a while of being in class the elders started to teach him, but then the ward got split and he came down to the new Ward Jersey Village. And then at transfers I followed him down here! I feel so lucky I got to meet him. He is one of the happiest people I have met, we asked him why he is so happy and he said because he keeps the commandments of God. Me and my companion are trying to convince him to go on a mission:)
Today is the last day of November! Super crazy. The church has this website called Christmas.mormon.org and it is the coolest site ever! And if y'all ever post any social media and #asaviorisborn I can see your post on that sight! It is awesome. And the new videos for Christmas is great. I just love the new website.
Well I love y'all! Hope ya have a super great week:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment